Advanced English 2018
Advanced English 2018 is the newest version of a product that was first released in 1992. Advanced English keeps evolving. The new version of Advanced English reflects changes in the language in recent years, fixes a large number of errors, improves the wording of items with the view to improved mnemonic quality (better retention), etc. Outdated terminology has been removed or deprioritized. New terms have been added.
See a short demo @YouTube.
This version adds a great deal of sounds from Extreme English collection and new pictures submitted by users via Advanced English wiki to improve the mnemonic power of the collection.
- 20% increase in the number of sounds
- 25% of sound files have been replaced with improved quality versions
- 35% increase in the number of pictures
Advanced English 2018 is available in SuperMemo 17 format.
If you have SuperMemo 16, consider Advanced English 2014.
Advanced English 2014 includes an XML version, but there are XML specs differences with freeware versions of SuperMemo, and imports to older versions can be tricky.
Users who ordered Advanced English 2014 between Mar 1, 2017 and Mar 1, 2018 can receive the new version free.
Technical information and FAQs relevant to Advanced English 2014 are still mostly valid in Advanced English 2018.
If you would like to upgrade your old Advanced English without losing your corrections, pictures, or templates, please get in touch by mail to receive help. You will need:
- your old Advanced English
- Advanced English 2018
- SuperMemo 17
- SuperMemo 16, if your Advanced English is in any format older than SuperMemo 16
- SuperMemo 2004, if your Advanced English is in any format older than SuperMemo 2004
- other tools, if you are using version from before 1998
The following information would be helpful:
- number of items memorized
- degree of your own text editing
- estimated number of your own added pictures and sounds
- if you mix your English with other knowledge in the same collection
- Installing Advanced English (video)
- Symbols and conventions used in Advanced English
- Sounds do not play in Advanced English
- Changing font in Advanced English
- Upgrading from Advanced English 2014
- Do not run repairs on Advanced English before completing installation
- Is Advanced English appropriate for a native speaker wishing to improve language mastery?
- Has anyone memorized the entire Advanced English?
- How not to neglect new items?
- How can I install phonetic transcription in Advanced English 2018?
- How to edit Advanced English pronunciation
- Customizing Advanced English templates
- Failing to see the big picture
- How can I disable sounds in Advanced English?
- Mixing up Advanced English 2004 with Advanced English 2018
Advanced English can be transferred to other SuperMemos or applications as long as they support XML specs used in SuperMemo 16/17.