Make SuperMemo simple
Majority of new users of SuperMemo for Windows complain it is too complex. There are two basic routes towards making SuperMemo simpler:
- choosing a SuperMemo, which was designed specifically for a novice, e.g. SuperMemo UX address most of the suggestions proposed by users of SuperMemo for Windows. If you are new to SuperMemo and do not have time or patience to study the documentation of the main SuperMemo, go for simpler options.
- improving the old line of SuperMemo whose primary function is incremental reading. Years of experience show that your suggestions might be implemented only if you have been using the program for a considerable amount of time. This is necessary to avoid misunderstandings, basic contradictions and suggestions that go against the core philosophy.
Here are some suggestions and ideas towards simpler SuperMemo:
- How to make SuperMemo simpler?
- Invest in usability of SuperMemo!!!
- Separate SuperMemo and create a few applications
- Why isn't SuperMemo more popular?
- SuperMemo UX
- Market a "recreational" SuperMemo, as a separate product
- Reduce multi-step procedures to one-step procedures - keep it simple
- SuperMemo is most unfriendly application